Project Lead: Tomintoul and Glenlivet Development Trust
What is the project?
Substantial refurbishment of the Tomintoul Museum and Visitor Information Centre to create a new visitor experience and community resource along with the development of office space forming the Tomintoul and Glenlivet Business Centre.
What will the project achieve?
- Engage visitors of all ages, abilities and nationalities in an interactive display of the history and heritage of Tomintoul & Glenlivet through interpretation of the landscape, objects and people.
- Provide an evolving digital archive of museum objects including visitor printing facility. The archive stations will also be available for research and genealogy studies which our consultation exercises have highlighted as a popular activity among returning visitors and residents.
- Provide a community resource centre and multipurpose space filling a gap in the market for a small, flexible facility in a central location. This will provide an additional community benefit and generate additional income to make the centre financially viable.
- Increase dwell time of visitors, both at the museum and within the Tomintoul and Glenlivet area as a whole.
What has been done so far?
- Discovery Centre refurbishment works are complete.
- The museum displays and panels have been installed and the centre is fully open to the public.
- The Tomintoul and Glenlivet Business Centre is complete and occupied by TGLP staff.