Project Lead: Cairngorms National Park Authority
What is the project?
This project will develop learning resources, experiences and opportunities using place-based education in Tomintoul and Glenlivet. These will include real life scenarios, case studies, activities, experiences (re-enactments), interviews and maps from the local area such as Scalan, Blairfindy, wetlands and waders, archaeological sites, working farm, river site, woodland site and the Discovery Centre museum. The project will also develop and instigate a Rural Skills programme for S4-6 pupils and support the Junior Ranger programme for S1 –3 pupils.
What will the project achieve?
- Theme based resource sheets and curricular activities / lesson plans
- Generic resource sheets that will be available of the Tomintoul and Glenlivet Website
- Resource sheet for activities for informal group / family learning (Interpretation project)
- Junior Rangers from Speyside High (S1-3) involved in activities through T&G projects annually and students involved in Rural Skills programme at Speyside High School in senior phase.
What has been done so far?
- Rural Skills course has been developed and the first round will commence in June 2018.
- Tender documents have been drafted for the production of education resource materials.