Tomintoul and Glenlivet History Group and Tomintoul and Glenlivet Development Trust (TGDT)
What is the project?
This project aims to record the hidden history of the TGLP area and to make this information available through a variety of creative and informative digital outputs, such as a website, e-guides and a Digital Archive.
What will the project achieve?
- A Digital Archive made up of sound, image and video recordings (both contemporary and historic), recorded and catalogued, will be available online and at the Discovery Centre and at other sites within the TGLP area.
- Structured training will be provided both for volunteer recorders, and for young people in how to carry out the recordings.
- Real-time (i.e. as the project progresses) evaluation by the volunteer recorders of their ‘learning path’ through the project will be carried out, together with more formal, end-of-project evaluation.
What has been done so far?
- A searchable image gallery is available on the TGDT website.
- Four memory days have been held to collate approximately 800 photographs.
- 15 interviews have been recorded.
- Tomintoul and Glenlivet History Group has embarked on a programme of events to commemorate the end of the First World War.